Friday, June 26, 2009

Is this some kind of zoo?

This past couple weeks have been filled with a whole lot of animals. 

My cousin Sara graciously volunteered to come on a day trip to Idaho with me. To repay her for her kind gesture I took her on a tour of all the pig barns. Lets just say pigs really aren't her thing. I know in this picture she looks all perky and happy but really most of the tour she was literally gagging at the smell. I felt bad for the poor girl, but secretly found it quite amusing. The whole way back to Utah she kept saying "I don't ever want to have a pig farm." I think she repeated that line at least 1o times. I tried to calm her by telling her that she is more likely to win the lottery than end up on a pig farm. 

We found this little guy in the window well up at my aunt and uncles horse property where we've been for the past month and a half. At first he tried to attack us I have to admit I was a little freaked out when I jumped down in the window well to pick him up and he lunged at my legs. But now that we've fed him and given him a couple baths he's doing much better. (I know your probably not supposed to bathe cats, but who wants a dirty cat?) Even Ezra the self proposed "cat hater" has been caught saying things like "hey there kitty." I even caught him reaching into his box to give him a pet. I named him Squish.

This is my pet fish that I got before I found the cat. I actually got him for my birthday. His name is Azul  (I know creative, huh?) He's got a great disposition. 

I found these little guys running around Dave and Shanna's drive way. Aren't they cute. The mom and dad birds wanted to kill me for picking them up but I picked em up anyway. I ain't scared of no birds!
There's a pond here at the horse property and we caught a bunch of slimy mud puppies--- cool.
and some tad poles. 

We also found some snakes. I like snakes I just hate spiders.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I feel like we have missed so much while we have been gone! I want to come find crazy cats, tadpoles, salamanders, chicks, etc etc etc! Im excited for Bear Lake though! It will be fun!

MeaganandChris said...

i wonder if Squish and Dexter would get along...