Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Dentist


One of the only times I've point blank lied to a person is at the dentist office.....................
You know....
when they ask you if you've been flossing.

Every time I go I just hope they don't ask. I feel so guilty and I usually tell them I floss twice a week. The truth is it's closer to twice a year. I don't know why but I just can't bring myself to tell them.

It's so ridiculous because the fact is, they don't really care if I floss. In fact my lack of flossing is what keeps them in business.

So don't worry all you dentists or future dentists. There are plenty of people like me out there. We are your future.

2 comments:

MeaganandChris said...

hahaha!! you make me laugh! i totally understand, I feel so embarrassed to tell them I don't floss, like I'm betraying them or something because at my last appointment they told me I needed to.
wow, I miss you :)

Melissa said...

Hahaha... you know what's funny is they really shouldn't even ask us at all if we floss because they already know the answer and they can tell just by looking at our gums and teeth. It is their way of feeling superior as our dentist. They always do that... Isn't Dallas going into Dentistry? Makes sense.