Sunday, January 31, 2010

A semester in the life of an art major!

These are some projects from last semester. I had at least one painting due each week and I had to use a different technique each time, it was way fun!




glowing yak


Book light


Here's Mr.Prince charming himself. Ezra hates it, I think it's funny!He must not like purple.




Chinese people!


Weird I know. If you don't understand refer back to the evil squirrel post.


This is me trying my hand at abstract expressionism.

These are some of my drawings from the head drawing class I took from Leon Parson last semester.Most of these took me 1-2 hours. They are all from life, sometimes it's hard to get the models to hold still. I'm in this class again this semester!






line drawing


line drawing


light only drawing, kinda creepy!


Shadow only drawing--also creepy!

5 comments:

john & natalie said...

You are amazing. I especially like the Ezra piece.

Melissa said...

Jessica! I did not know you had such talents! I might hire you to paint something for us when we get a house, so maybe never, but haha we will see!

I loved the impressionism piece that you tried. You are incredibly talented! I am just in awe at how good you are at art! Very cool!

MeaganandChris said...

we love these!! and ezra looks good in purple, haha

David and Megan Virgin said...

Very impressive cuz! Wish I knew how to paint that good! Good job!

Chris and Paige Bell said...

These are great pieces of art. I like the variation of styles. You are quite amazing.