Monday, August 23, 2010

Canada Eh?

Our family trip to Waterton Lakes National Park was so much fun, it's on the other side of Glacier National Park.

This is the cute little lodge we stayed in, one of our rooms was pink and the other one was purple.


It was amazing to be in place where every view is so spectacular.


The deer in Waterton are very strange and they are everywhere! You go anywhere in town without seeing at least five or six deer. They aren't scared of people at all. Ezra thought it was great and got way too close to them- I told him he was going to get malled by a deer and lets face it that would be pretty pathetic.


On our site seeing adventures we would often spot wild life, wolves and bears. This time we pulled over to take a picture of a mama and baby moose and got a picture of some weird two legged creature instead.


My Grandpa Taylor and Ezra's Grandma Gibby both lived in the small town of Raymond, Alberta. So of course we had to stop there, we went to church and visited the cemetery where Ezra and I both have great grandparents buried. My Dad gave us the tour of the city. We also got to go to the Cardston Temple and do baptisms it was really cool.


This is our tall to short picture we took after our rock skipping competition. The Prince of Whales hotel is behind us. Ezra's great grandfather helped build it.


Cameron Falls


We went on a hike up to Crypt lake I think it's about 14 miles round trip. Being the prepared person that I am I forgot my knee brace, the last thing I needed was for my knee cap to dislocate on a rocky slopes so I grabbed two walking sticks off the side of the trail I called them my Gandolf staffs. They really did work wonders.

Towards the end of the hike you have to go up a few miles of rocky switch backs. When those end you have to climb through a football fields worth of cramped little cave and when you come out the other side there is a huge cliff so you have to hold onto this tiny little cable that has been nailed in the rock. It was quite the adventure.




Eventually we ended up at a beautiful Crypt Lake. We got to see a few mountain goats grazing around the lake.


We brought all our bikes and every night we'd cruise the town. It was funny to see peoples faces as we rode by. Some of them even tried to count us. "Are you all together?" -- "yeah, and we're all the same family"


So much fun!

3 comments:

MeaganandChris said...

looks like you had so much fun! that hike sounds awesome. and it looks like ezra makes friends wherever you go.

ps - RIP mr chipmunk

Avrey &Cody Hendrix said...

I love Waterton! It looks like you had so much fun!! So glad you love sweet Canada!

Katie said...

Oh I am so jealous Jess! I haven't been to Waterton since we all went in 1998! I love it there and it seems like you guys had so much fun. Maybe in a couple of years we can have another Taylor reunion up there!