Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Harry Potter!


CONFESSION:I am a Harry Potter Geek.

Have I read all the books? Yes!

Have I seen all the movies?Yes!

Have I listened to it on CD? Yes!

Am I counting down the days til the Deathly Hallows movie comes out and planning on dragging Ezra with me? Yes!

(Ezra who is not a Harry Potter geek isn't really into the whole Harry Potter thang but will still come with me cuz he's just sweet like that---I think Voldemort scares him or maybe the Dementors)

Do I have a Harry Potter Poster in my bedroom? You'll never know

Okay Here are some of my favorite Harry Potter Quotes- Did I get carried away? um yes, but read them anyway because they're really good!

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

When you have seen as much of life as I have, you will not underestimate the power of obsessive love.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Indeed, your failure to understand that there are things much worse than death has always been your greatest weakness.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Dumbledore to Voldermort.

What's comin' will come and we'll meet it when it does.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Alkaban

~J.K. Rowling

6 comments:

West said...

you are a HP Geek. I love the books, movies and have listened to them on cd.

Kelsey Shelley said...

I love this post so so much!!!

Adam G. Ricks said...

We are going to the midnight showing...Can't wait!

brittany+scott said...

I love HP!!!!! I'm excited for the movie...even though I honestly haven't read the last few books! :/ LOL!!!!! Maybe I need to get on that! hahaha. Great quotes too!!!! Thanks for sharing! P.S. Thanks for the congrats!!! Miss you guys LOTSSSSSS!

Tanner said...

I mean quoting is one thing but referencing each quote.... that's HP geek status level 7! How you guys been? Does ez ever fly out east... say chicago? jump in the cockpit and we'll take you to dinner!!!! i wish it'd be good to see your guys again. play some hand and foot ;) Hope all is well!

Tanner said...

Oh and uh put a comma between "i wish" and "it'd be good" haha. doesn't quite sound right without.