Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Just another day in PAIR-adise

6 months
Ila

Fae




Whenever we leave the house we hear these words over and over, shuāng bāo tai, shuang bao tai---Twins. People stop dead in there tracks to watch us pass. We’re not just the giant Americans anymore, we are the giant Americans-with twins. Old ladies shuffle over to our stroller, and about jump in to see the two blue eyed babies. Complete strangers ask if they can hold them. Everyone is so curious! Ila and Fae don’t seem to mind the attention and are certainly getting used to it!

Our two little celebrities just had there half birthday, Spent in Dahua, China. 6 months old! Woo-Hoo!

They are so fun:

Ila squeaks when she wants attention, Fae grunts. Ila has a hearty little laugh (she laughs like her dad) and Fae giggles and gives us big smiles every time we talk to her.

The coolest toy to have is always the one the other twin is holding. They love their bottled water baths even though they’re only an inch deep. They grab each others hair every chance they get and are constantly trying to eat one another.

My favorite part of the day is when Ezra comes home, they are always so excited to see him and give him the biggest smiles.  It’s also my favorite part of the day because I get a “break” when Dad gets home I only have to take care of one baby. Ha. Such is life with Twins.

I do not know what I’m going to do when I can’t hold them both at the same time! My mobility is already at a low! It’s hard for me to get much of anything done.  Especially when they double team me, or play the alternating nap game. Showering, teeth brushing, and eating are all luxuries…….just kinding—uh…well….sort of. We are seriously lucky to have any clean clothes or a cup of noodles for dinner. (I’m wishing China had dryers and dishwashers right about now)

When I really absolutely need to get something done I have to prop them both up….somewhere? That’s when I turn into the one woman broadway musical, dancing around and singing at the top of my lungs. The crazier I act the more content they stay.  Sorry neighbors.

My Mom (also a mother of twins) gave me some great advice. She said “you can laugh or cry, I always tried to laugh.” Well I laugh a lot, sometimes to keep from crying, sometimes at the girls, and sometimes at myself. Oh yeah, we all laugh at Ezra.

Ezra and I often find ourselves saying “this is crazy, I can’t believe we have twins.” But along with all the crazy also comes twice the smiles, twice the laughs, and twice the love.  ( This is Ezra) I needed to mention twice the diapers.


1 comment:

David and Megan Virgin said...

They are soooo cute and growing up so fast! Funny the things we do to keep our babies happy and entertained huh! I'm sure our neighbors love Hilary and I as well :)