Monday, April 23, 2012

We Made It!

Jet Lag
 Jet Lag

Jet Lag
 Our first week in the country! 

Karlie and Shalie, Twins on Twin duty


This bodasious man turned 29! All he wanted for his birthday was to go flying-so that's what we did!


 It was fun to have Larae along for the ride!


It's been a long time since I went up with Ezra and it was so fun!
Above are pictures of Shoshone Falls and Ezra's family farm.

Ila and Fae have the best Grandma's and Grandpa's two girls could ask for, they had a lovely time bathing in Grandma Roper's sink!



It was weird to pack up and walk out the door with only a bunch of suitcases. Weird to think that I would not becoming back to this place that held so many memories, some of the best and hardest times of my life. I almost felt the need to light off a few fireworks to mark our departure.

As we drove to the airport I looked out the window and I thought about how absolutely strange this place was to me and how I often thought I would only ever be happy to leave it. It was surprisingly bitter sweet.

For the first time I can remember our flight out of Nanning was on time.
They told us we could bring our car seats on board the plane so we figured that there must be some open seats near our assigned ones, but when we got there we realized there was no way that we were going to fit..we sat down with with the car seats on our laps (squeeze) so the rest of the passengers could board.

I started getting a tad hyper "there is no room on this plane, what are we going to do with these car seats, why did they tell us we could bring the on?" finally a flight attendant comes over and says we can move forward into the business class, phew! Ezra takes Fae and moves but I'm clear over by the window with a huge backpack full of baby supply's thinking, “how am I going to do this? “ I was wedged.
                                                                             
I gave the car seat to a helpful New Yorker, and with Ila in one arm and my back pack in the other I started making my way to my new seat. I was almost there when I felt sudden tension and Ila just about popped out of my arms. I looked back to see what we were caught on and to my horror.... I saw that Ila had a chunk of black hair in her pint-sized hand, a very uncomfortable Chinese lady happened to be connected to it.

Here I was baby in one arm, backpack in the other, and the unsuspecting Chinese lady dragging on behind!

 She was obviously in distress. I work quickly to undo Ila’s tiger like grip and the lady was finally able to sit back down.

I saw the inch square patch of hair ila had removed…half of it  was still stuck to her little fingers. The lady was clearly upset, I did my best to apologize.....Dui Bu Qi.I felt soooooo bad.

After it was all over and I was finally able to sit down all I felt like doing was laughing (if you haven’t figured it out by now—humor is how I deal) but I had to hold it in because it would have been way rude. Ezra and I apologized profusely the rest of the flight. Ila seemed pleased with her self, like “look what I got Mom.” I swear that girl has A.D.D.

We stayed overnight in Hong Kong to gear up for our long flights, the evening before we left we decided to try out the hotel buffet, I took first watch of the girls while Ezra went and loaded his plate. Fae started to fuss so I picked her up.

I hadn't really paid much attention the enormous glass of water sitting right in front of me and before I knew it Fae had pulled it over, I was drenched in the perfect spot to look like I peed my pants. I was pretty excited to be eating some good food, but not quite that excited.  Fae had some how managed to dump the entire thing on me, getting none on herself.

When I stood up to assess the damage I started laughing “oh my…it really looks like I just wet myself.”  I flagged down some help to clean up the mess. When I ventured off to get my own food I realized I had left a  wet imprint on my seat, I was also sporting napkin bits. Lovely. 


Note: Napkins are not an appropriate table textile for wiping Jeans.

I pretended not to notice that I was dripping all over the floor and heaped my plate high. By golly I was hungry, it was going to take more than one little accident to keep me from that food.

We started our long journey early the next morning. The guy that sat in front of us gave us more than a few dirty looks but other than that our flights from Hong Kong to Japan and Japan to Portland were extremely long but blessedly uneventful.

When we woke Ila up in the middle of her night to put her on the plane to Salt Lake she had a major fit, she was obviously over tired, except instead of dirty looks we received “she’s such a doll” and “aren’t they precious.” Gotta love those Mormon Mama’s!

It’s been SO great to be back! 

Man I love milk.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Glad you had a safe and uneventful trip back to the states! YEA! Your girls just get cuter and cuter! Love the jet lag pictures :)