Tuesday, August 7, 2012

One Year Old! x2


Fae

Ila






Fae

Ila



We told them to give eachother kisses and they actually did it- so funny!


There are two things in life for which you are never fully prepared.....twins. 

Ain't that the truth! Ezra and I survived our first year as parents, all the twin parents we meet seem to say, " it gets easier, I promise" whether that’s really true or not we are looking forward to the future.

I know it sounds cliche, but I can not believe how fast this past year has flown by..okay there were a few parts that seemed to drag on forever like when Ezra was in China, but over all it's been a quick year and I can't believe my little baby girls are a year old!

They are probably a couple of the most well traveled one year olds on the planet!
Here's a quick re cap:

Utah 
Idaho
Wyoming
Seattle
Portland
San Francisco
Mexico
Hong Kong 
Shanghai
Gong Zhou
Nanning
Dahua 
Puckett, Thailand

At a year old they have traveled further than I had traveled in the first 23 years of my life and .......they won't remember one bit of it. Good thing I blog, right?

I remember when they were born, every morning the nurses would wheel them in in their little carts and I’d see my two beautiful little bundles and feel like it was Christmas morning over and over again.

Ila and Fae have turned out to be everything I could have hoped for, I still cant get enough of there adorable little smiles. They have the funniest little personalities. We just love them so much. 

FAVORITE TRICKS
Funny face
Tarzan
Walking
Blow kisses
Peek a boo
Paticake
Fake sneeze
Wave
High five
Wolf noise
Kisses
Shrug shoulders
Clapping
Dancing
Feet Eating
Picking nose
Stealing each others binkis
Making each other laugh
Making each other cry

WORDS
What
Dog
Bear..with sound effects
Wow
Mama
Dada
Grandpa
Ezra-I call for reinforcements a lot, they mimick me
Uh-O
Boo
Thank you
Ow
Oil Goli go
Soft
Bird
Pig
What
Baba
baby
La la laaaa

MY TRICKS
Nursing two babies at the same time
Rocking one baby while feeding the other
Running
Changing a diaper with one hand (the other is used to keep other baby from sticking hands in poop)
Solids at the same time, I feed the second baby what the first baby spits out, don't judge
Holding one baby and picking up the other with one arm. Much harder now that they weigh twenty pounds plus
Finding binki’s
Driving and passing out snacks
Sleeping with babies poking my face
Two babies in and out of the tub
Body Building..JK

Happy Birthday! To the cutest twins in the universe.....well we think so.

1 comment:

MeaganandChris said...

I couldn't judge you for the feeding, because sometimes I eating what Audrey spits out, haha..when you're a mom, you gotta do what you gotta do. your girls are beautiful - congrats on making it to year one. we're only 6 months ahead age-wise, but i can tell you it gets more and more fun!