Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gettin There!

Here is my most recent belly pic- I'm stickin out there!30 Weeks!

This is a pic from my Idaho Shower, My nephew Landen is having a moment. He's gets mad because we keep telling him about these fun new cousins and he never ever gets to see them. He has told me on more than one occasion to "Open it!" He then he proceeds to try and lift up my shirt. So funny!


These are pictures from a little birthday party my cousin Jan and I had at my grandmas house. I'm 24 now- whoa!

I feel like I’m growing exponentially at this point. I washed one of my recently purchased prego shirts and when I tried to put it on it was way too small. I complained to my Mom that I hadn’t even dried it and it had still shrunk. She tactfully explained to me that it was not the shirt that shrunk but me that grew. Ha---I was just so sure it had to be the shirts fault.

Sometimes I think these baby girls are making themselves a little bit too at home, they have decide to nuzzle up into my ribs- they especially like to do it when I’m sleeping so I wake up in the night feeling like I can’t move. The sensation of having two babies in my belly has become quite the experience. They are getting so much bigger and I definitely feel the results of the lack of space- they probably do to, poor things.

I had a lovely baby Shower up in Idaho this past weekend. It was so fun to see everyone, friends and family were all so generous. We got some really great gifts. Ezra and I feel so spoiled. A big thanks to every one that came, especially Shanna and Larae who put the whole thing together.

These little girlies are going to be here before too long, I just can’t believe it. The shock of finding out that we are having twins has definitely not worn off, I wonder if it ever really will. As my due date draws nearer I have become an overwhelmed mix of nervous and excited.

I was talking to my Dad, I told him that I wasn’t so sure about this whole twin thing because I feel like I’m in over my head. His reassuring response was “you are.”

-------What I was looking for was some thing like “it’s going to be so great, or don’t worry you’ll be fine, or it’s going to be so fun.”

Thanks for the pep talk Dad ( :

Along with all the worry of a first time Mom I feel doubl-ey blessed. I know that these babies are such exceptional little humans. I have felt that over and over during this pregnancy. I want more than anything to be the kind of Mom that teaches her children how truly special they are and help them realize all the wonderful gifts and blessings they have been given.

Ezra and I are so excited to meet our little ones (and they are going to be little---- we’ll be lucky if they’re five pounders). I CANNOT wait to have my husband back with me. I really don’t know what I would do with out skype right now. Over the past months I have gained a greater compassion for those, who for whatever reason, live without their spouse. I have also become increasingly grateful for a spouse that has an amazing ability to love life and be continually optimistic no matter what circumstances he finds himself in. He is my hero.

Although life has become a tad bit crazier than I ever imagined it could be. I know that our little family is already so incredibly blessed.

2 comments:

MeaganandChris said...

ok, so I don't have twins, but I did just have one baby girl - and the shock of having her hasn't worn off so I'm guessing it won't for you for quite awhile. sometimes I look at her and think, oh my goodness she's my daughter! and I get the overwhelming sensation that there really just isn't enough time to teach her all the things she needs to know..and I love her so much it feels like there isn't enough space for my heart inside my chest. You're going to LOVE being a mom, and if anybody can handle being "in over your heads" it's you and Ezra...you guys are gonna be so great :)

brittany+scott said...

You look so amazing...gorgeous really! So excited for you to have those baby girls! It is seriously the best thing ever. Good luck to you in these coming weeks! :)