Saturday, September 29, 2012

Don’t worry we found it




It’s just me, blogging about Walmart once again. Ha. Anyone with kids knows what a process it is just to leave the house. It’s kind of like packing for a long trip, several varieties of snacks, changes of clothes, binki’s and bottles, toys, sanitizing equipment, and of course a first aid kit. Okay, I don’t really have one of those, but it wouldn’t be a bad idea. Right?  That’s just part of the process that must happen before we leave the house. I mean there are still diapers to change, faces to wipe, hair to be combed, and inevitable last minute disaster “look what I found in the garbage can mommy” type stuff.

I personally believe….that every shopping cart in  America should be patterned after Costco’s double kid cart, it’s an inspiration. My girls can keep each other entertained the whole shopping trip. (yes, I know, the whole kissing thing will have to end at some point).

If I’ve got to take the girls with me shopping I usually just wait until I have reinforcements. After all, I never know what those two little furballs are going to have up their sleeves. But today I was working on a project that could not be finished without a trip to Wally-World. When I go to Walmart I have to take my double stroller and there really isn’t much room underneath to store my loot, it can be a pain in the royal highness.

The girls actually ended up being pretty good today, I checked out with out a hiccup and walked to my car feeling rather victorious. I got Ila all strapped in and started putting Fae in the car, that’s when I realized she was missing a shoe. Uuuug. So I put them both back into the stroller and started retracing our steps. I practically had to lie on the floor to see under the shelves. I’m sure people were wondering what the heck I was doing, “That lady’s lost a lot more than her marbles!”


The girls sang happy little songs through the rest of the store, it was almost like they had planned the whole thing. I was about to give up looking when I saw it….. sitting perfectly upright waiting for me, gleaming in the fluoresent light. Hallelujah!

When I finally got out of the store all the high school kids where headed to Walmart for lunch from across the street. A group …… of girls started gathering around the twins ooh-in and aww-in like is natural for girls when they see babies. I finally made my way through the herd, and as I’m walking away I hear this conversation.

“I'm totally gonna have twins”
“yeah, me too,  a boy and a girl”

Man, it really doesn’t seem that long ago and I was one of them, making what I thought would be a perfect plan for my future.

I always seem to forget that I’m living the dream life. ( ; Ha.

p.s. The project I was working on was my newest attempt to get my girls to eat their vegetables, they got sick of sweet pea mac and cheese and lettuce waffles. So I took advantage of their new fascination with drinking through straws and made vegetable- juice with fresh produce from my mother’s garden.

Here’s the recipe: The quantities are up to you
Swiss Chard
Green Pepper
Broccoli
Beets
Pears
and
Pineapple juice

I just pureed it all up, skins and all

I tried some and…….it’s vile----But apparently I made it sweet enough, cuz the girls slurp it right up! 

3 comments:

MeaganandChris said...

seeing your girls being cute sisters always makes me smile - but today my smile meant something a little more...Audrey is getting a sister in February!! I can't wait to put them in matching hair-bows and watch them play together. sisters are awesome!!

David and Megan Virgin said...

They are so cute! You are lucky you can get them both in a cart! Hilary insists on walking or pushing the cart herself.

Megan and Eric said...

haha, So glad you found the shoe! Can't wait to go to the grocery store with kids! ;)